Last night, Mark spent a few hours on the acreage with his new riding lawn mower while I tackled the Swan Lake bathroom.
The steam cleaner really does work on the glue and it's not actually that hard to scrape off, it's just tedious and slow going.
Most of this wall, the biggest one, is now glue free. Some of the higher areas are glued since I'm not that tall. Either Mark will have to do that, or I'll be doing some climbing with the steam cleaner.
This wall and part of another only took 3 hours.
Wearing gloves was a good idea because I ended up pretty sticky, though I somehow managed not to get glue in my hair. The last time I painted a bathroom, I thought it was a good idea to stand on a kitchen chair, in the tub, while drinking red wine and using red paint.
Turns out, red paint is not the same color as red hair.
There's a good chance I'll be back at this tonight since we're in a bigger hurry to get the house ready after the break-in, but at least we made friends with the sheriff's deputy and got a lot accomplished.
Plus, my seeds are sprouting! But, more on that later.