Guys. I have red headed chickens.
It's crazy how entertaining chicks are. We just watch them and laugh and then realize we've been staring at them for 10 minutes.
Getting them home was a challenge since they need to be kept warm, at about 95-99 degrees, and it was cold and snowing on Saturday.
We had a small cardboard box with paper shavings for bedding and wrapped the box in blankets to keep the heat in. For a bit we were sweating in the car, cranking the heat to get the temperature up.
Now they're home, in the much larger box, toasty warm and pecking away at the box, the shredded paper, their feed and grit.
They're not too loud most of the time, and we're keeping them in the bathroom to make sure the dogs can't get to them when we're not around until everyone gets used to each other.
My favorite is the way they fall asleep. They'll stop moving, their eyes will close and their heads just flop to the floor. Or it leans back. That's a little weird, but hilarious all the same.
Expect many more chicken photos and videos as the adventures continue around here.
You may have also noticed it's been light on the blog lately. I'm rethinking some of my plans for this blog and working on some changes that are coming soon!
But, it was a good week, so I may be off a day, but can't skip a Five Things.
1. Mini herb garden and baby greens are growing in the window.
2. Finally put the Christmas tree and decorations away. Finally!
3. Finished our taxes. And the refunds cover the price of our awesome new oven/stove.
4. Read not one, but two books.
5. Stopped adding pages worth of tasks to my to-do list and started checking off outstanding tasks.
How's your week going?