1. The closet purge. I went a little nuts on my closet this week and have more work to do. The goal, simplify. Only clothes I really like, actually wear and fit properly get to stay. I'm weeding out the old, worn, never worn and so forth in favor of high quality, mix and match staple pieces. More on this later.
2. Connecting with the farm where we're getting our Buckeye chickens in the spring. One simple email has sent in motion a chain of planning and designing to be ready for our chickens!
3. Making progress on the renovation even though each step seems to lead to the discovery that more work is needed. Lucky for me, kicking down drywall is really fun. Punching it, not so much.
4. Coaching a new group of skaters at the rink. I've got the most advanced skaters of our bunch now and it's incredibly rewarding and satisfying to see them actually listening to my instructions and watching my small tips improve their skating. Especially when they try one of my tips and then come back with a huge smile on their face saying "hey! that worked!"
5. Catching up with old 'bama pals. They're military guys I used to report on, but you know you've built good relationships when they spend an hour going through Army regulations with you to help you with a story happening clear across the country.
What's motivating you this chilly Monday? What made you happy over the last week?