But it also seems to me this time of year, when we pause a moment to be thankful for what we have, that I don't have to pause that long because I'm thankful for these things all year long.
That said, I concocted a new idea over the weekend, that each Monday, to go with Monday Motivation, I'll include five things. Five things I'm happy about from the last week, and/or five things I'm looking forward to this coming week. Honestly, I might move this post to another day during the week, but we'll see how it goes first.
1. A three-day weekend since I got to take a Sunday off for the first time in a few months. It's amazing what you can get done with an extra day, and still have time to relax.
2. Finding a set of cheap, small, simple earrings for just $5. I've been looking for them for months, just some small pearls, silver balls and fake diamonds. I have lost one of every pair of the diamonds I had and most of my pearls broke. Those are the earrings I wear most and for $5, seemed totally acceptable to be so excited about it.
3. Peppermint flavored eggnog. Little weird. Little awesome.
4. Grover-pup decided to run after a rabbit and deer yesterday and made it probably five or six miles from the house. I'm just glad he made it back in one piece, though I doubt he learned any lessons.
5. Finding the kind of chicken that we want to get in the spring and getting wildly excited about building a chicken coop and greenhouse.
What about you? What are your five things?